- Medieval Pentangle Pentacle Pendant Necklace.
- In the Middle ages, the most common sign to ward off demonic powers was the pentangle.
- Gilt two tone Medieval pentacle with blue cabochon crystal at the center. Lovely detailed artwork.
- Pendant is strung on a 21 inch pewter chain.
- This handcrafted item was created out of the finest English pewter and brass by Alchemy Gothic Artisans in England.
- The Medieval Pentacle is approximately 1 ¾ inch point to point.
The pentacle is an ancient astro-alchemical hieroglyph that is one of the most misunderstood of universal symbols. This five-pointed star's origin reaches back 1000's of years in Mesoptomania and was a graphical measurement of the astrological conjuctions of the Sun and Venus. Imbued with esoteric qualities, the pentagram represents the morning star phase of the planet Venus.
It is also believed that the pentagram was the original device central to the Seal of Solomon. Although many interpretations exist for this mystical star, Alchemists view the five points as spirit, air, fire, water, and earth. The endless, interwoven sides of the pentagram represents continuity and eternity as it binds evil forces in order to bring harmony, peace, and luck. The pentacle often appears with the protective circle around it, although the Medieval Pentacle here is presented without the circle.
The interpretation/writing on this item is my own, not the work of Alchemy Gothic.
Text copyright Dena L Moore, 2006.
About Alchemy Gothic...The Original Revivalists
All Alchemy Gothic products are conceived and designed in England by Alchemy Carta, and all pewter products are made in England in the Alchemy workshops. The metal used in the manufacture of Alchemy Gothic pewter products is of the highest grade, 92% tin alloy (to BSS5140 standard), known as "English Pewter."