- Sigil of the Archangel Raphael Angelic Talisman Pendant.
- This item is 1 1/4" inches (3 cm) in diameter. The picture shows 1 5/8", which is the height including the bail.
- Brilliant Gold tone jeweler's bronze.
- Sigils are deeply engraved.
- Bail opening accomodates up to a 4 mm chain (chain not included).
- The name of the Archangel is shown on the back.
- The sigils are used to invoke the power of the Angel and are from the book "The Grimoire of Armadel."
The Power of Sigils
Sigils are magical symbols used for the invocation of spirits. They are usually used in conjunction with prayer, incantations or meditation to invoke the power of the spirit they represent. The Archangel sigils come from the ancient book "The Key of King Solomon" which contains sigils and invocations used to call forth the power of the Archangels.
Legend holds that the sigils and incantations contained in the book "The Key of King Solomon" were revealed by the creator to King Solomon by means of an angel. They hold deep spiritual meaning and connection with ancient angelic power.
The Archangel Raphael
The sigil of the Archangel Raphael is used to invoke his knowledge, wisdom, healing, and protective powers. Raphael is a Spirit of science who bestowed upon King Solomon his knowledge and wisdom of science and the earth. Raphael's name means "God heals" and he is the angel of protection and healing. It was with his knowledge that Raphael healed the earth when it was defiled by the sins of the fallen angels in the apocryphal book of Enoch.
The writings of King Solomon indicate that the sigil of the Archangel Raphael must be used to invoke the spirit of Raphael on Sunday before sunrise. In order to call upon his strength you must be both pure and chaste when you invoke him, and have fasted throughout the previous night.